Why it’s worth traveling for… The Catskills have never been cooler. Scribner’s Catskill Lodge is the epitome of a perfect cabin hideaway with every detail, equal parts well thought-out and dreamy. Walking into the lobby of Scribner’s is like receiving a warm hug from your incredibly hip cousin who just realized you existed. The entry way of the lodge is decked out with a beautiful fireplace, lush and cozy couches, and communal games to play while you knock back a Hot Toddy with some new friends. This is one of those places that you come back to year after year and tell all of your nearest and dearest about so that they can experience the same.
Why you will never want to leave…
- Have you ever joked about trying to bottle up that perfect fall/winter feeling? You know the one…where people are decked out in beautiful down jackets and chic boots and the air has a strong smell of tobacco, patchouli and pine trees and all you want to listen to is Mumford & Sons? Are you following us? What we’re trying to say is Scribner’s Lodge is the answer to any cozy cravings you might have and is the absolute perfect winter escape.
- The on-property restaurant, Prospect, does not disappoint. We ordered the salmon, cacio e pepe, and blistered shishito peppers. Fresh, delicious and just enough to warm our bellies after a long day of reading by the fire place 😉
- As wellness devotees, any hotel that offers onsite yoga and a sound bath meditation is one we want to stay at. Make sure you reserve your spot! Space is limited but the knowledge is expansive.
- Smores by the fireplace every night! Oh, what a feeling.
- The Pupstater Program. As dog owners (and lovers), we are always thrilled when a hotel goes above and beyond for our furry friends. Our pup was welcomed with fresh bowls, dog treats, and a brand-new toy.
But if you do…Go antique shopping in Tannersville and drive down to one of the lakes nearby to take in the scenery. If you have a bit more time, drive over to Wyndham and partake in some après ski activities and scout the scene.