Fresh off of the plane from a whirling business trip to Atlanta, we found ourselves some solstice at Rescue Spa. After hearing about this little slice of heaven located in Union Square, we knew we had to get over there as soon as they were willing to take us. Rescue Spa is known for their Biologique Recherche facials which, if you live under a rock, is a French skincare brand known to gurus far and wide as THE best (and sometimes smelliest) product for your skin. We opted for their famous Bio-Lift facial, which incorporates Biologique Recherche products, some light extractions, and a microcurrent device to leave you looking like a newborn.
My specialist, Anastasia, was no BS. She was meticulous in her explanations of the advantages of using each product and did a wonderful job making me feel equal parts relaxed and educated on the process. I entered a state of euphoria, even during extractions that were absolutely painless. I felt my skin become instantly hydrated after being drained from travel and I left with no signs of redness or irritation, so basically Anastasia and then professionals at Rescue Spa can also be referred to as miracle workers.
Here are our key takeaways:
- Run, don’t walk to get the next appointment. This place books up fast.
- Speaking of “this place….” Can we just talk about the interior design? Everything from the welcome lobby to the treatment rooms are decorated to the nth degree, and make you forget you’re in NYC, even if it’s just for an hour.
- Let the specialists consult you and guide you on what products you should be using for your skin (there’s a reason they’re the experts).
- Splurge a little for the bio lift.
- Invest in P50. Your skin will thank you.
- Make Rescue Spa a habit.
29 E 19th St, New York, NY