Why it’s worth traveling for…
A palm-fringed oceanfront paradise, Six Senses Laamu is the only resort in the Maldives Laamu Atoll, so expect Robinson Crusoe seclusion, a spectacular private beach, epic surf breaks, and luxurious Ayurvedic spa pampering. Stay in idyllic overwater thatched roof beachfront villas with a private pool, and spend your days snorkeling the beautiful reefs, dining in open-air restaurants, and nourishing mind, body, and soul with meditation, yoga, and local-inspired massage and spa treatments. Among the eco resorts culinary highlights are a beachside Japanese Omakase restaurant, sunken pool bar, and overwater cocktail bar.
Six Senses Laamu, Olhuveli Island, Laamu Atoll, Maldives
+960 680 0800
Male International Airport (MLE) is the main international airport in the Maldives. Upon arrival, you’ll be escorted by your resort-appointed GEM (Guest Experience Maker) to the domestic terminal lounge to take a short, scenic 35-minute flight to Laamu’s Kadhdhoo Airport with a fascinating bird’s-eye view of the beautiful Maldives Archipelago. From there it’s a 15-minute speedboat trip to the resort.
There’s only one reason to leave the resort, a private picnic on a deserted island. Just a 40-minute speedboat ride away, the resort’s chefs will prepare a romantic picnic lunch complete with champagne and dessert that you can enjoy under the shade of the coconut trees. Afterward, snorkel the stunning lagoon surrounding the island or relax by the stunning beach on a sun lounger.
97 Luxurious Overwater Thatched Villas
Longitude (Open-air restaurant, with buffet breakfast. Nightly themed dinners with fresh catch grilled meats, pasta, and Asian cuisine.
Leaf (Mediterranean cuisine using ingredients grown from the resort’s organic gardens and neighboring islands)
Zen (Modern Japanese Omakase cuisine with oceanfront dining).
Sip Sip (Dramatic sunken bar with poolside seating specializing in homemade pizzas, jungle-wood grills, burgers, pasta and locally-inspired desserts, fresh juices)
Ice and Chocolate Studio (Homemade ice cream and sorbet stand, complimentary for guests).
Chill Bar (Overwater cocktail bar with resident DJ) tempts you to put on your dancing shoes)
The Six Senses Maldives Spa is a series of luxury treatment rooms dotted along the beach. Incorporated holistic Ayurveda healing, therapists will personalize spa treatments, massage, and facials according to your dosha (body type). The resort also has an open-air rooftop studio for yoga and meditation, a nail spa, a fitness center, a juice bar, a steam room, and a wellness program.
- Secluded Location. As the only resort in Laamu Atoll, you’ll relish in complete privacy as you stroll the white sandy beaches or explore snorkel and dive sites
- Surf the Yin Yang. An 8-foot right-hander uncrowded break is just 5 minutes boat ride from the property.
- Dolphin Spotting. You’ll love seeing pods of dolphins pass you by as you enjoy your breakfast at Longitude.
- Wine Tasting at Altitude. This two-story glass-spun wine cellar at Overwater Village has over 400 wine labels.
- Wellness Days. The resort has packages programs like Boost your Immunity, Mind your Brain, and Love your Heart. Programs are led by wellness experts who create personalized treatment plans to help you achieve a healthy body and mind during your stay.