Why it’s worth traveling for…
Fabulous and decadently ‘instagrammable,’ Viceroy Los Cabos, designed by lauded Mexican architect, Miguel Angel Aragonés, brings the luxury wow factor to Cabo. Located on the Sea of Cortez, this stunning hotel artfully blends concrete, glass, natural lighting and pure white interiors against a desert backdrop and a blue sea. The sleek rooms feature terraces – some with outdoor bathtubs – and glass railings for uninterrupted views of the Sea of Cortez (which can also be seen from your bed through floor-to-ceiling windows). We especially love the ‘water mirror’ infinity pools, and authentic Mexican cuisine (you’ll find cocineros pressing fresh tortillas day and night). An art gallery features works by rotating local artists, and both the spa (relax with an Herbal Dreamcatcher massage) and fitness center (by celebrity trainer Harley Pasternak) are divine.
Address: Paseo Malecón San José Lote 8, Zona Hotelera, San José del Cabo, Baja California Sur, Mexico
+52 624 104 9999
San Jose del Cabo International Airport (SJD) is a 25-minute drive from the hotel.
Join the San Jose del Cabo Thursday night Art Walk. Sip wine, sample cheese, wander the sea town’s beautiful cobblestone streets, and interact with some of the top artists and gallery owners in Baja California Sur.
195 (including suites, casitas, villas and penthouse)
Cielomar Rooftop Restaurant & Bar (Flame-grilled fare and fresh seafood with a rooftop view – ocean on one side; fiery sunsets on the other)
Casero Restaurant (Homestyle Mexican kitchen)
Dalia (Outdoor garden dining; Mediterranean with a Los Cabos twist)
Nido (Picturesque venue resembling a bird’s nest and featuring ceviche and sushi; ‘Nido’ in Spanish means nest)
Nidito Beach and Poolside Bar (Exquisite Mezcal cocktails)
Otro Bar (Tequila and wine)
THE Spa (Featuring locally inspired signature treatments, mood lighting, and grotto of vitality pools and thermal chambers)
Fitness Center (Indoor/outdoor experience by celebrity trainer Harley Pasternak)
- Stunning Sea of Cortez views
- Floors made of water – beneath the elevated walkways connecting guest rooms, water flows directly from the sea
- The art gallery featuring local artists and art workshops/experiences for guests
- Dreamy white-on-white interiors with pops of color
- Live music (featuring popular local bands) at Cielomar Rooftop
- Chef’s mobile snack cart spilling with cooling popsicles and fresh coconut water.
- Elevated retail therapy – the Bazaar features a rotating collection of luxury brands from around the world (statement fashion pieces, homeware, travel essentials, beauty/skincare products).